It’s been a month since the announcement of 1.09 Billion Citations available in the July 2021 release of COCI, the OpenCitations Index of Crossref open DOI-to-DOI citations.
We’re now proud to announce the September 2021 release of COCI, which is based on open references to works with DOIs within the Crossref dump dated August 2021. This new release extends COCI with more than 92 Million additional citations, giving a total number of more than 1.18 Billion DOI-to-DOI citation links.
This latest release includes citations from the most recent articles published by the American Chemical Society, whose bibliographic references were opened in February 2021. The ACS back number citations will be available in the next COCI release, when a new processing of all the Crossref data will be completed.
You can find more information about COCI in our open-access article
Ivan Heibi, Silvio Peroni & David Shotton (2019). Software review: COCI, the OpenCitations Index of Crossref open DOI-to-DOI citations. Scientometrics, 121 (2): 1213-1228. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-019-03217-6
Finally, just a reminder that the bibliographic and citation data in COCI:
- can be queried using the OpenCitations Indexes SPARQL endpoint;
- can be retrieved by using the COCI REST API;
- can be searched by using the OpenCitations Indexes Search Interface;
- are also available as dumps on Figshare in CSV, N-Triples, and Scholix; and
- can be freely re-used for any purpose.